Join The WMC
All moving companies with Washington State Permanent HHG Authority issued by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission following the six month provisional period of authority are welcome to join the WMC. As members, in addition to payment of all dues and fees, you must be willing to abide by the WMC Code of Conduct.
The Washington Movers Conference provides its members everything moving and storage related which includes knowledgeable, professional, leadership backed by a 14 Member Board of Directors - industry leaders who understand the overall moving business needs and financial factors for success.
Here are a few highlights of WMC Membership;
- Supporting local movers and professionalisim in the moving business since 1913
- Join fellow moving industry professionals to discuss industry-wide issues
- A community voice with UTC tariff items
- Access for purchasing UTC compliant forms customized to your company
- Access to a drug, alcohol and background check program
- Notification of moving industry related issues coming from the UTC & Olympia
- Representation at UTC hearings regarding rogue movers and tariff items
Recent WMC important accomplishments on behalf of its valued members include;
- Convincing the Commission staff on an important revision to the Mileage Rated Storage-in-Transit tariff rules needed to correct an invoicing procedure costing moving companies hundreds of dollars.
- Twice in the past year, making sure needed HHG Tariff Rate increases were in place to keep up with service changes and increasing economical costs of conducting business.
- Submitting regular updates to Commission staff for action against illegal movers operating in Washington without the proper HHG Operating Authority.
- Providing industry support to the WUTC’s “Movers Court” in place to eliminate unscrupulous “rogue movers” from ripping off consumers.
- Keeping the Commission staff informed with knowledgeable facts to keep the Intrastate moving industry free of “App based moving companies”.
- Developing for its members, in concert with Washington based Drug Free Business, a WMC branded, economical Drug & Alcohol Testing Program including low cost Employee Background Checks.
- Making available to its members a low cost, regulatory compliant, and on-demand needed Intrastate Moving Industry Forms Program.
Dues range from $75 to $488 per Quarter. For more information or an application, please contact Jim Tutton at 253-328-5641 or via email.