Planning Your Successful Move
Thank you for choosing a member of the Washington Movers Conference to provide an estimate for your upcoming move.
As a service to our valued customers, below is an important consideration before you list your home or condo for sale or give notice to vacate a rental living space.
Relocating often involves welcoming outsiders into your private living space.
- If you are listing your home for sale, visitors may include Realtors and their clients as well as home inspectors.
- If repairs, renovations, or modifications are required prior to listing your home, visitors may include painters, plumbers, cleaners, contractors, etc.
- Prior to selling your home, visitors will likely include appraisers and various inspectors arranged by prospective buyers.
- If you are a renter, upon giving notice to your landlord, your living space will likely be shown to both prospective renters and maintenance services.
- Cash, currency and coins
- Jewelry, precious stones or metals
- Prescription medications and controlled substances
- Securities, notes, deeds of trust, and wills
- Firearms and weapons
- Other items of high financial or sentimental value
In accordance with WA State regulations, the items listed above may not be transported by hired movers. With this in mind, it is in your best interest to place such items in a secure area (possibly offsite) prior to the start of your relocation process. This will minimize financial and liability exposures associated with having so many visitors in your living space.
We hope you find this information useful and would like to thank you again for selecting a WMC member for your moving estimate.